LOCAL GOVERNMENT ORDINANCE, 1961
(No. 11 of 1961)
KOTA KINABALU MUNICIPAL COUNCIL (DEALING IN SCRAP) BY-LAWS, 1966
(G.N.L 24 of 1966)
In exercise of the powers conferred upon it by section 50 of the Local Government Ordinance, 1961, the Jesselton Town Board has made the following By-laws-
1. Title and commencement.
These By-laws may be cited as the Kota Kinabalu Municipal Council (Dealing in Scrap) By-laws, 1966, and shall come into operation on the 1st day of July, 1966.
In these By-laws "dealing in scrap" means the buying of scrap materials or whatever kind except rubber scrap.
3. Licence for dealing in scrap.
No person may deal in scrap except in accordance with a licence granted by the Council.
4. Application for licence.
An application for a licence shall be in writing and shall state the age of the applicant, the proposed place of business and the kind of scrap he proposes to deal in.
5. Grant of licence.
The Council may, in its absolute discretion, grant or refuse a licence, or grant a licence subject to such conditions as it thinks fit.
6. Duration of licence.
Every licence shall, subject to the provisions of these By-laws, expire on the 31st day of December of the year in which it is granted.
The licence fee shall be $50.00 per month.
8. Register of purchases.
(1) Every person licensed to deal in scrap shall maintain a register of purchases made by him.
(2) Such register shall record the name and address of the person from whom scrap is purchased, the kind of scrap, the quantity and price paid.
(3) Such register shall open to inspection by any of the officer of the Council at any time during business hours.
(4) No person under the age of eighteen years be employed in dealing in scrap.
9. Inspection of scrap.
No scrap in respect of which the Council has notified its intention to inspect shall be removed from the licensee's premises or be treated or otherwise disposed of.
Any person contravening the provisions of these By-laws shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable to a fine of five hundred ringgit.
10A. Compounding of offences.
(1) The Mayor may compound any offence including but not limited to breach of licence condition imposed by the Mayor under these By-laws by making a written offer to such person to compound the offence upon payment to the Mayor of such amount not exceeding Ringgit Malaysia five hundred.
(2) Where an offence has been compounded under this By-law, no prosecution shall thereafter be instituted in respect of such offence against the person to whom the offer to compound was made.
11. Cancellation of licence.
The Council may cancel or suspend a licence if the licensee or any assistant of the licensee is convicted of any offence under these By-laws.
Part X of the Jesselton Town Board (General) By-laws, 1956is repealed.
Dated at Jesselton, this 30th day of April, 1966.
LAI EN KONG,
Jesselton Town Board.
I approve the foregoing By-laws.
Dated at Jesselton, this 10th day of May, 1966.
PANG TET TSHUNG,
Minister for Local Government.
LIST OF AMENDMENTS
Amending law Short Title/Citation In force from
Kota Kinabalu Municipal Council (Dealing in Scrap) (Amendment) By-laws, 1982 Kota Kinabalu Municipal Council (Dealing in Scrap) (Amendment) By-laws, 2003 Malaysian Currency (Ringgit) Act 1975 G.N.L. 36/1966 (Corri.) G.N.L. 38/1982 G.N.L. 17/2004 Act 160 (Modification) 1-4-1984 21-10-2004 21-8-1975